Unlike the song says, we don’t believe breaking up is always hard to do. It can be difficult, for sure. But, it can be a relief and a blessing.
Something that does ring true for us, though, is that breakups are often best done with closure. And, sending flowers after a breakup could offer just the finality you need to strengthen your heart.
Sometimes, letting go by sending flowers may be the selfless act that actually heals a relationship.
Whether you find yourself wanting to say farewell in a respectful way, offer your generosity to mend a broken bond, or even celebrate your newfound singleness, there are flowers that are just right for the situation.
Here are a few good choices…
If you’re trying to be an upstanding person, even when you know a relationship is over for good, you can send these flowers:
- Purple Carnation – These flowers say “I’ll never forget you.”
- Striped Carnation – Send striped carnations to say “Sorry, I can’t be with you.”
- Cattail – To wish your ex partner peace and prosperity, send cattail.
If you know that selfish acts on your part have contributed to your breakup, you might want to send the following flowers to show you’ve changed:
The Right Flowers in Your Inbox!
Sign up for our free notifications of new articles!
- Roses – Roses are flowers that say “I Love You” in a way that’s hard to ignore.
- Gladiolus – These flowers offer thoughts of “I’m Really Sincere.”
- Hyacinth – To say “I’m sorry, please forgive me,” send hyacinth.
Maybe you feel the need to send flowers to yourself so you can cheer up or move on with courage. Perhaps you’re just darn happy with yourself for doing the right thing for your heart. Choose these flowers.
- Agrimony – Agrimony helps you put on a happy and bright face to move away from heartbreak.
- Sunflowers – It’s hard to get much more cheerful than a sunflower. Treat yourself to a few.
- Chestnut Bud – These flowers assist in learning lessons and making better choices.
For any of these circumstances, you can always send a yellow tulip. They speak of the importance of a smile.